The European Passengers’ Federation (EPF)
Op zoek naar een uitdagende job in de mobiliteitssector? De European Passengers’ Federation zoekt een ervaren projectmanager om te starten vanaf januari (tijdelijk maar met kans op verlenging!), met tewerkstelling vanuit Gent. Een unieke kans om ervaring op te doen in Europese projecten en EU beleidswerk!
Meer info: http://www.epf.eu/wp/epf-is-hiring/
The European Passengers’ Federation (EPF) links Europe’s major passenger organisations. EPF is an international non-profit organisation under Belgian law and has 37 member associations covering 21 European countries. EPF’s mission is to achieve comprehensive passenger rights throughout Europe and improve passengers’ experience by conducting research, holding conferences and working constructively with the transport industry and decision-makers. EPF has a multi-modal focus and sees passenger travel as an end-to-end journey. EPF is able to draw on an extensive, EU-wide network of passengers and passengers’ experts through its member organisations. EPF is involved as a research partner in different EU-funded projects, such as TMaaS, HiReach, INDIMO and SHOW. EPF’s activities also include policy work, e.g. meetings with EU level policy makers, responding to consultations on topics that are of relevance to the passengers, issuing press releases and position papers etc.
For its Ghent-based secretariat, EPF is looking for an experienced project & policy officer to replace an employee on maternity leave (min. 4 months), with potential for renewal after this period.
The main tasks associated with this position involve:
- Conduct research activities (desk research, interviews, surveys, …)
- Organise workshops and focus groups with end-users and/or experts
- Develop communication campaigns towards citizens
- Other communication activities: write articles, social media posts, ….
- Draft policy recommendations and guidelines towards a variety of stakeholders
- Establish and coordinate relations with project partners and other parties
- Look for new opportunities, co-write new project proposals
- Overall project management related tasks (work planning, budget management, reporting, …)
- Occasional representation towards the European institutions (European Parliament, European Commission, Committee of the Regions, …) at political and policy level
- Monitor relevant European policy developments that have a (potential) impact on citizens, e.g. related to passenger rights, new mobility services etc.
- Contribute to formulating and promoting EPF’s position on relevant topics affecting the passenger at EU level, e.g. through responding to consultations, issuing position papers or press releases etc.
The ideal candidate:
- Has at least 5 years of relevant work experience
- Has experience with drafting project proposals
- Has experience with communication tools in English, i.e. newsletters, press releases, website articles etc.
- Has very good analytical and writing skills
- Is able to work independently, under pressure and on a wide range of activities
- Has an excellent command of Dutch and English (spoken and written)
- Has a relevant university degree
- Should be able to join the EPF team from January 2020 onwards
- Further assets: experience in managing relations with the European institutions at a political level; European project management expertise and experience; knowledge of other European languages.
What we offer:
- Payment on senior management level
- Flexible hours
- Many learning and networking possibilities
- Reimbursement of travel costs
Candidates are requested to send a letter of motivation together with a CV to EPF Secretariat (email@example.com) by 11 November 2019. Suitable candidates will be invited for an interview on Monday 25 November.